FULL TIME/PART TIME CLINICAL SCIENTIST – GENETIC TESTING, IN-VITRO DIAGNOSTIC. SALARY NEG DEPENDANT UPON EXPERIENCE + BENEFITS
We are a leading Genetic Testing organisation seeking an experienced Clinical Scientist to join our team in Barcelona on a permanent, full time/part time basis, with flexible working patterns available.
GENinCode is a Cutting-edge Biotech company specialized in Predictive Genetics with a portfolio focused in the cardiovascular area. Its products combine genetic and clinical data to risk assess patients and provide healthcare practitioners with advanced clinical information to evaluate and predict the onset of cardiovascular diseases.
GENinCode key products enable the optimization of cardiovascular prevention, thrombosis risk management, familial hypercholesterolemia genetic diagnosis and risk stratification, and familial cardiopathies and sudden cardiac death genetic diagnosis.
GENinCode Plc (parent company) is a U.K. public company based in Oxford listed on London Stock Exchange: AIM in July 2021. GENinCode operates business units in UK, US (through GENinCode US Inc) and in Europe and Latin America (through GENinCode S.L.U based in Barcelona, Spain).
Its objective is to expand rapidly in Europe, UK and US and lead the field of Genetic Diagnostic / Precision Medicine.
- The clinical scientist (geneticist) will have to analyse and interpret molecular data and report results.
- The clinical scientist will also be responsible for maintaining and developing the genetic variant databases of the company under the quality management system, and in collaboration with the other clinical scientists of the company.
- Genetic variant annotation, interpretation, and classification.
- To review NGS, Sanger sequencing and/or MLPA results, and prepare information for clinical reporting.
- To participate in new product validations and translational clinical activities as assigned.
- To collaborate in the creation and maintenance of the database of variant-disease associations in the context of genetic disorders.
- To work in strong collaboration with the Scientific and Medical, Operational, Bioinformatics, Commercial, Marketing, and Quality and Regulatory departments.
- The Clinical Scientist MUST have a degree or equivalent in PhD or BSc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy.
- Experience in germline NGS data analysis and genetic variant annotation.
- Work experience with commonly used public scientific literature and genomic databases.
- Good communication and public presentation skills, including written communication.
- High level of English.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in maintaining and developing genetic databases.
- Diligent, organized. Ability to demonstrate high organization skills, and with good attention to detail.
- Work effectively independently and under supervision, being able to adapt to fast pace rapidly changing environment. Flexible approach to work and the tasks to be undertaken.
- Emotionally intelligent and empathetic, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with staff at all levels. Able to work cross-functionally.
- Teamwork spirit.
- Able to work on a broad range of tasks simultaneously.
- Must demonstrate sound judgement analytical skills to enable assessment of risk.
- Investigational and problem-solving skills – root cause analysis.
- Create and maintain a high-quality image of the company in front different stakeholders.
- Fluent in English (oral and written); main language used within the company for internal communications and QMS documents.
- Fluent in Spanish (oral and written).
- Other EU spoken languages desirable.
- Essential Microsoft Office package knowledge.
- Neg salary subject to experience.
- Full Time / Part Time Permanent Role / flexible working patterns available. Possibility of working partially or full time from home.
- Occasional travel (10% or less)
- Excellent company benefits
- Leading Genetic testing organisation
PLEASE NOTE – ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
To apply for this post please email HR-ES@genincode.com